Not bad, a rugged tablet… too bad it’s running Android 2.2 only..
– InfoSonics Corporation today announced the launch of its new verykool® R800 Outdoor Tablet with both Wi-Fi and 3G capability.
“The attractiveness of tablet computers is that they can be taken anywhere, including outdoor environments where they may be subject to the elements,” said Joseph Ram, the company’s president and chief executive officer. “We designed the new R800 Tablet with an IPX5 rating for water and shock resistance, and with both Wi-Fi and 3G capability, to give consumers more freedom in taking the device outdoors. Many of our customers are in Latin America or other emerging markets where humidity and heat is high and conditions can be harsh on electronic devices. We hope the R800 will appeal to consumers in those markets, including businesses needing a remote device for route personnel or data collectors. It is compact, with a 7-inch capacitive touchscreen, up to 16GB of external storage and powered by Android 2.2 to accommodate the wide array of available applications. R800 users can multi-task by using it as a cell phone with a Bluetooth or wired headset while working on a specific application or browsing the web. We are pleased to be able to bring this solution to the market.”
The Company noted the following additional details of the R800:
- 3G HSDPA (7.2Mbps) Dual band (850/2100) and 2G GSM Quad band (850/900/1800/1900)
- SMS and MMS messaging plus push e-mail
- GPS and built-in e-compass
- 2 megapixel rear camera plus front facing VGA camera
- Built-in FM radio and MP3 music player
- 3500 mAh Li-Po battery
- USB port, 3.5mm audio jack and stereo headset included
The verykool® R800 Tablet is available now. To learn more about the device, visit our verykool® website at http://www.verykool.net/Products/R800.