Toshiba unveiled its latest portable hard drive called Toshiba Canvio Basics. The Toshiba Canvio Basics 3.0 portable hard drive is powered by USB 3.0 and offer 2TB of storage. The difference between the Basics 3.0 and Special Edition version is the inclusion of NTI® Backup Now EZ™ software with the Special Edition drive.
2TB Canvio Basics 3.0 specs:
- Colour: Black
- Capacity: 2TB
- Interface: USB 3.0 with up to 5 Gb/s transfer rate
- Rotational Speed: Up to 5,400RPM
- Average Seek Time: 12ms
- Cache Buffer: 8MB
- Dimensions & Weight: 79 x 120 x 21mm, weighs 220g
- System Requirements: Microsoft® Windows® 8, 7, XP or Vista, USB 2.0 or 3.0 port
- Safety: Internal shock sensor and ramp loading technology protects your drive and data
- Cable: USB 3.0 Cable (works with USB 2.0) provided
- Guarantee: 3 year limited warranty
US residents can buy the new 2TB capacity Canvio portable drives starting February 12 at Toshiba Direct, and select retail locations $189.99 for the Canvio Basics and $219.99 for the Special Edition. There is no info yet on UK/Europe release dates or pricing.