D2_961 Firmware Update Instruction:
1. Download “D2_961 Firmware Update” (Updated 3/5/14)
2. Use an archiving software (Winzip, WinRar, 7 zip etc.) to extract the Firmware Update package and export it to your computer’s local disk (ex. C:\)
3. Open up the zip file and there will be 3 folders as shown in image
Click “Next” all the way until the program starts installing. Click “Close” when the software has done installing.
7. When the firmware file loads, it will show up on the PAD Product tool.
8. Now, click and hold down the “Volume – ”key on the tablet.
9. While holding down “Volume – ” key, connect the tablet to a PC using the USB cable.
10. Still holding down “Volume – ”key, use a paper clip (or a small pin) and press the “Reset” button on the back of the tablet ONCE (and let go)
13. The initial start up time may take up to 50+ seconds.
14. After initial start up, tablet will require a reset. Please press and hold the reset button for 10-15 seconds to reset the unit.
If you are having any issues with downloading or loading the firmware to the tablet, please contact the D2 customer support. InsideIndustryNews.com is a review site and not affiliated with D2 or any of their products. We are providing these tools as a free service to our readers. The software has been provided by the manufacturer directly.
**Please note: Failing to follow the instructions properly, may DAMAGE (Completely disable) your tablet.
BY DOWNLOADING THIS UPDATE YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT YOU WILL INDEMNIFY AND HOLD INSIDEINDUSTRYNEWS.COM, ITS DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, AFFILIATES, AGENTS, CONTRACTORS, AND LICENSORS HARMLESS WITH RESPECT TO ANY SUITS OR CLAIMS ARISING OUT OF YOUR USE OF THIS UPDATE. INSIDEINDUSTRYNEWS.COM MAKES NO GUARANTEES, REPRESENTATIONS, OR WARRANTIES THAT USE OR RESULTS OF THE USE OF THIS UPDATE WILL BE ACCURATE, RELIABLE, CURRENT, UNINTERRUPTED OR WITHOUT ERRORS. WITHOUT PRIOR NOTICE, INSIDEINDUSTRYNEWS.COM MAY MODIFY, SUSPEND, OR DISCONTINUE THE UPDATE. WHENEVER INSIDEINDUSTRYNEWS.COM ELECTS TO MODIFY, SUSPEND, OR DISCONTINUE THE UPDATE, IT WILL NOT BE LIABLE TO YOU OR ANY THIRD PARTY.